Being part of Etsy



So as you can tell from the title of this particular blog i have decided to join Etsy to sell some of my crocheted items. I have always loved crocheting as a hobby, and what better way to make a little bit of money on the side of that hobby. 

I have only just signed up to Etsy ( roughly a month ) and I have been making stuff like mad to put on my Etsy shop. I just takes so long :)

I have read so many different articles and bloggers opinions on how to start your Etsy shop and get it off the ground, which I have found so useful, however I am still yet to make my fist sale. However I know that this takes time, so there is a lot of patience involed,  but if you love making crocheting items as much as i do, then it should deferentially not be about making money, and should be more about having fun and making it your own. Once the viewers on Etsy see that you love what you do they will love your work as much as you do. 

There are so many different ways to promote your work for Etsy from posting photos on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest. However I have found Facebook groups to be the most successful with views and favourites. Not only this but the community on Facebook is amazing, if you are stuck in anyway they will help you. ( I will post some links to the pages at the bottom of this blog post). 

Not only this but Etsy offer great help when singing up for a free account, which you can do by click HERE, ( you will get 40 free listings for your account). They have several different advice guides available. I would definitely would recommend signing up for an account, as there is a huge market for handmade items. 











I currently have five items listed on my Etsy shop, Im in the process of making more items but like i said before they seem to take forever, plus working part time makes it slightly slower. You can check out my Etsy shop HERE. Does anyone else have an Etsy shop? I would love to see what you are selling.














No comments:

Post a Comment